The Woman's Identity in the Family (Genesis 2:18-25)
CBCNC Youth Sunday School 28Mar2004
WORK OF ART
"Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had
taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man."
- made ("banah"):
fashioned, built with design and aesthetic, beauty
- 1 Peter 3:3-4: what is inner beauty?
"The LORD God said, `It is not good for the man to be alone.
I will make a helper suitable for him.' "
- helper ("ezer"):
surrounds, defends, strengthens, builds up
- suitable ("kenegdo"):
corresponding, equal, set before one's face
- Ephesians 5:24: wives: allow your husband to take the lead
- Ephesians 5:25: husbands: love your wives sacrificially
ONE WITH HER HUSBAND
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother
and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh."
- united ("dabaq"):
joined, cleave unto, keep close, hold onto
- Proverbs 4:23: guard your heart: don't join yourself
emotionally to someone before God has shown you.
For the girls:
- Do you think of yourself as beautiful? What are some aspects of your life
or personality in which you can train up the inner beauty of 1Pet3:3-4?
- What do you think it means for the wife to submit to her husband?
- If you think you're starting to "like" a guy, what should you do first?
How do you guard your heart and your emotional integrity?
For the guys:
- What do you look for in a girl? What do you think makes someone beautiful?
- The wife is designed as a "helpmeet" of her husband. What are some ways
in which you can ask for help from the girls?
- In Job 31:1, what do you think it means to make a covenant with your eyes?
What should you do if you find yourself about to break that covenant?
Use the back of this sheet to write down your group's prayer requests.