CBCNC Youth Video 23Nov2003: ``Parental Advisory''
1) ___________E YOUR PARENTS
In the video, Heather was in a bad family situation with a mom who didn't
want her and a dad who tried to buy her affection. Heather said that she
"felt like she was the only grown-up in the family" because her parents
were acting like kids.
- Luke 6:35: How are we to love our parents?
- What did Heather do to love her parents, particularly her mom?
- What are some ways we can do our part to keep our family stable?
2) ___________R YOUR PARENTS
Chelsea had a lot of older friends in college who didn't live with the same
rules. She ended up in an unhealthy relationship with an older guy,
and she ended up lying to her parents a lot.
- Deuteronomy 5:16: What is the promise that goes with this commandment?
- What's the difference between honoring your parents and just doing
what they tell you?
- Think of something your parents tell you to do, where you could
"go the extra mile" and do more than the letter of the law.
3) ___________H YOUR PARENTS
Anthony's mom was inconsistent in her discipline, and he felt like
his mom never listened to his side of the story.
- What is the best thing you can teach your parents about?
- What one thing would you most like your parents to do for you?
4) ___________E YOUR PARENTS
Stevie-Jo wanted to date, drink, and smoke like the older highschoolers she
saw, and felt like her parents just put too many rules on her life. She
wished she didn't have parents.
- Matthew 18:22-24: What has God forgiven us of?
- What should we forgive our parents of?